Tuesday, November 28, 2006

In My Dreams

My new goal for the next year is to have Odessa's Herbals products featured in two magazines and on Craft Revolution.com. This by far one of the best and most inspirational websites I have been too in a long time. I LOVE it.

Also, I will be opening a new ETSY account towards the end of December.
You will be able to find it here.

I will let everyone know when it is up.

One more thing to inspire everyone today. I have a new hero. Her name is Diane Kappa and she is a fabric designer. Her website is located at www.dianekappa.com and I hope one day to meet her. Her pillows are beautiful to look at, are designed with amazing colors and the intention of her company is one of pure love and creativity. I think I might give her a candle one of these days to help her towards her goal.

Last night I went to Lola's in Seattle. This is one of my new favorite hangout spots. It was snowing and I was drinking a lovely glass of Red Wine. In my bag I had a beautiful Orange Courage candle with me. For some reason I was compelled to give it to my waitress the candle as a gift. I have never met someone randomly and just knew that they needed one of my candles, until today. She had a little artist waiting inside of her that needs to get out and play. We did not talk too much about the candle but I know she needed it and I know it will help her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,
Its Diane. Thanks for the nice words about my pillows. I am participating in a show on Saturday called Fatta A Mano. Come by and introduce yourself!

Host:Roberta Torgerson
Location:Roberta's home in Laurelhurst
3935 51st Ave NE, Seattle, WA
When: Saturday, December 2, 11:00am to 4:00pm

Participating Artists:
DIANE KAPPA Unique Hand Painted Silk Pillows and Gifts
ANDREA KOHLER Fine Book-Binding and Paper-Works
JA TEUBER Letter pressed and Hand painted Cards
ROBERTA TORGERSON Elegant Hand-Knitted Scarves
SHAMILA JIWA Distinctive Jewelry
STEPHANIE SYKES Cloth Dolls and Embroidered Bags
SARAH PAULI Urban Organic Jewelry
MICHELLE SILVER Delectable ‘Silver Table’ Sweets
SHEILA WYATT Decorative Accents for the Home