Tuesday, November 07, 2006

PHARAOH


Today as I was driving home in the blackness I almost hit two dogs.
I was so worried that I pulled over and went after the dogs. I was able to get one and I lost the second one.

One dog was a black lab with no collar on, the other one was a black Doberman pinscher. The Doberman was the dog I was able to get a hold of and took to my car. He had a tag on so I drove around for awhile looking for the second dog and then finally gave up. Pharaoh (the Doberman) laid down in the back seat of my car or got up and gave me kisses on the cheek. He was so sweet and lovely. I knew the two dogs knew each other and Pharaoh was so worried about his buddy. I took Pharaoh home and when the man came to answer the door he looked at Pharaohs collar, which was in my hand to make sure I had the right house, and the man looked very worried. I asked him if he had two dogs missing and then quickly reassured him that I had Pharaoh in my care and he was alive and safe. I also let him know where the other dog was located when he got away.

The man thanked me and said that he was amazed I not only caught the Doberman but actually put him in my car. He said most people were too scared of the dog to pet it much less put it in their car.

I was driving away thinking to myself, I was never once scared of this dog. I was worried and wanted to get him home safe, but never scared.

I guess I don't fear dogs. I don't go out of my way to pet all dogs, nor do I approach dogs I should not but I never fear dogs. Usually dogs love me and want to sit next to me. I can't imagine being scared of any dog. They are so sweet and lovely.

Pharaoh did not want to leave my car. He knew he was in trouble, he jumped in the back seat and laid down. I trusted the man and knew they were not abusing the dog so I gave him back. But now I realize how lonely my life is during the week without my dog. I love dogs. And I had never met a Doberman before, but I really liked that one.

In other exciting news, I started making candles again and they are getting even more powerful with energy. I am excited for this weekend. I plan on getting more supplies and making as many candles as I can for the Holidays.

No comments: