Saturday, May 19, 2007

In the middle of the night

I am awake. I am not sure why I am awake but alas, I can not sleep.
I woke up after dreaming that there was some sort of fish in my bed and I was creating fish food for it.

Welcome to the world of my dreams. After some research I pulled this up about what the fish symbolizes:

There are numerous species of fish, but the creature in general holds some prime symbolic meanings:
  • fertility
  • eternity
  • creativity
  • femininity
  • good luck
  • happiness
  • knowledge
  • transformation
Well, this is true for me on so many levels.

Here is another meaning for the Fish symbol:

Lastly, in Norse and ancient European cultures, the fish had symbolic meanings of adaptability, determination, and the flow of life. It was observed by these cultures that fish often display enormous attributes of adaptability in the wild, and they adopted these characteristics for themselves. Salmon were commonly revered for their determination in their annual pilgrimage to their spawning grounds – the entire journey swum against the current.

More on this to come.

No comments: