Saturday, May 26, 2007

Skee Ball and Black Pepper Cheese

Today was a good day. I hung out with a new/old friend who was visiting from LA. We walked, talked and admired about how different yet the same life is for us now versus 13 years ago.

I sometimes forget that I have not seen some people since high school and they know nothing about what life has been like for the last 13 years. These are people that have never heard my stories, nor my adventures nor have any idea how I got to this place that I am at now.

Of course, what is a spent with me that does not involve some sort of game where I can pretend to be really competitive and bring the kid out in me? This day it was skee ball. We played $10.00 worth of games, each games being a quarter. He remarked that it was almost like a work out. His heart was racing from all the action.

We then sat and talked. He told me more about LA. I talked about what it was like to be single after so many years. He talked about working towards a career yet feeling lonely because in LA finding a really smart woman is somewhat hard. We talked about the book he just wrote and I told him my idea about the book I want to work on. It was truly an interesting and fun day.

Sometimes I forget about all the amazing things I have done in life and how much fun I can be. Today brought back those feelings for me. I am serious about my business and career and in no ways am I a flake but sometimes I let the kid come out and dazzle even myself. It is so few and far between when you meet people that you can walk and talk with. Conversations that include everything from good smelling soaps to learning to be grounded to new products I want to create to how to find love in a modern world, these are the things that give me energy and make me love life. This friend is a kindred soul that I hope to continue my conversation with and visit him sometime in LA.

No comments: