Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Shout Out

One of my goals this year was to get mentioned in The Seattle Times "Girl About Town". Every week I read her column and think, I can't wait for the day when I get a shout out from this Girl About Town.

Well, along with everything else in my life, start small in my motto. So below is the small mention in this weeks "Girl About Town". However, not only did I make the candles for the Seattle Opera Gala, I also made the candles for the Dinner Impossible episode that will be airing this week. So I got almost two mentions. While you read this, just keep thinking..... Start Small!

"THE SEATTLE OPERA GALA'S "Springtime Serenade" at McCaw Hall was home to the 10-pound swag bag, chock-full of soy candles, gift certificates, flower and vegetable seeds, cocktail recipes, opera CDs and even a blanket. Turns out there is, in fact, a person assigned the title of "Swag Bag Chair." Who knew? In the spirit of the evening, each table setting featured a "blooming aria" — a line of opera printed onto card stock and pinned into a live fuchsia carnation. .

No comments: