Sunday, April 09, 2006

Garden Party


Today has been the first day that I have been able to do some gardening this spring. It is a warm and hazy day, almost hot.

While I was in the garden I began to feel very lucky for this wonderful house and yard. I realized that for this garden to be able to survive I must care for it and appreciate it.
So while I was weeding I was sending love to all the herbs, vegetables and fruit trees we have because they are going to provide us with a wonderful amount of food this summer.

The other great part about today is that my dog can be totally off leash at our new house. So while I was weeding, she was walking around the garden checking everything out and tasting some of the plants. We discussed her not eating the blueberries but I know how much she loves blueberries so I am going to have to keep an eye on her about that plant. But it was just wonderful to have her walking around me while I gardened. Plus our yard is very private so I can be outside in my worst outfit and no one will see me. I may not do the nude gardening that the home owner used to do but I will be inclined this summer to garden in my bathing suit!

I am off to drink some cold lime water and get outside to do more work.

No comments: