Saturday, March 17, 2007

For every season there is a movie

There are just some movies that appear in my life at the right moment.

In my late teens early twenties, it was Beautiful Girls with Uma Thurman and Timothy Hutton.
I remember Uma Thurman given one of the main characters a lecture about how there wasTimothy always someone in love with your partner and it was your wonderful job to fall in love with those great parts of that person because if not you, then there will be another. At the time, this scene gave me hope that one day someone would love all those little things about me that I love about myself, and if my partner at the time could not see how wonderful I was then there would be another who could.

A few years later it was Sliding Door. Oh! how I love the English and all things United Kingdom. The story line about this movie was what would happen if three seconds in a person's life was different. Gwenie was a strong woman who had been taken for granted by her partner and found not only herself but also a new love by being stronger and living her life. She changed her hair, moved in with her friend and went out on her own.

And now.... The new movie is The Holiday....
With Kate Winslet and Jude Law. It's the story of what happens when you a take a break from life and become the star of your own movie. I have watched this movie twice in the last day and it is so inspiring. Both women are strong career women who meet lovers that not only fall for their strength but really truly admire them for being who they are. It's not about looks, or being cool or even how hip they are. It is about being smart, kind, funny and strong. And it is about finding someone who really sees that part of you that is wonderful. It is about falling in love with someone and having them feel exactly the same way back.

It inspired me to make a new candle to attract people that will love you for being you. Nothing more than just who you are and will help you to realize how amazing you are.

No comments: