Sunday, March 04, 2007

Lessons Learned

Wow.

What might have caused me to give up on my dreams a few years ago, is now only making me stronger.

My Crave Party sale was not as successful as I would have wanted it to be. However, what I learned and my experience doing the show was priceless!
My back went out the day of the show so I was unable to stand up and talk with the customers as much as I wanted too. I also had two friends with me which made me more nervous than I thought it would. I was able to print out a nice press sheet and list of candles. I also received my intention card and my new moo cards.

The Murphy's law about this whole experience was that Mercury was in Retrograde. I have never really experienced this type "everything that can go wrong, will go wrong" fate before but I have to say, everything that could have went wrong did go wrong and I survived.

I came out of the experience was a better understanding of my product, my customers, my target market and what to do next time.

Plus-- Kate Winslet looked so cute at the Oscars!

So for the next month I will be back at the drawing board creating new candles for an event at The Rainier Club in Seattle.
I can't talk too much about the new candles but once I have them all created I will post pictures!

I also was able to attend the monthly meeting for Ladies who Launch that included the following women owned businesses: 8 Limbs Yoga, Downtown Dog Lounge, and Brazillis Clothing Store. This event inspired me to keep following my dreams for Odessa's Herbals.

I highly recommended the Ladies Who Launch monthly events. They will inspire any woman that is ready to take her dream and make it reality!

No comments: