Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I am the sum of all my parts

Recently I have been taking personal inventory of the changes that have occurred in the last year. What an amazing journey it has been, some good and some hard but overall I have to say this is one of my most successful years yet.

The hard part's of this year have revolved around my health. I will be having major surgery in the next month or so due to my bad back. I have had this problem since I was a teenager and must be very careful with my back. No more ski trips for me! I knew the day would come when I needed the surgery again, I just wish it could have happened at a different time. But in many ways this is the perfect time for me to take a break and heal my back. So I will follow the time line that the Universe has provided for me.

In the positive area's of my life, I am now making candles full time. I may return to some contract work in the future but for now, I am a full time employee for myself. I have grown my company far past my dreams of what it might become and turned all these dreams into reality. I spend much of my mental time in the present and rarely reflect on what I am doing, but when I do look back over what I have built in the last year, I smile! All of my intentions have come true and I am helping other's. What more could a person want out of life? Helping other's while creating a life I am proud of. Good friends, a wonderful city, the chance to travel, being able to meet and create products for people I come to know and adore all while building a woman owned company!

Today I will be at a woman in business conference that the Governor will be speaking at. It is time for me to start thinking about taking my company to the next level. A larger space, employee's, maybe some retail sales, revamping my studio space to host candle gatherings and traveling more. So hopefully this conference will be a great networking opportunity while I learn how to take my company to the next level. I will keep everyone posted.

One last shout out. My wonderful friend Rob has a short film in the Seattle Film Festival this year. The premiere will be this week in Seattle. I am so proud and excited for Rob. He is an inspiration to me and a hero of mine. One day we will all be watching his films in theater's across the world.

No comments: