Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Why I will only use sea salts in my bath

I just read this article from Slate on why products that use small plastic beads to exfoliate your skin are killing the Ocean.

Yuck! Just another reason to switch to all natural products and not be fooled by advertising. You can remove dead skin naturally and often it is best not use such harsh products on your face.

I went to Seattle Metropolitan magazine today to share the Odessa's Herbals story and drop off some candles. It was a lovely office and made me want to get a job for the magazine. I hear it is a great place to work.

Just yesterday the new Ray and Charles Eames stamp came out. I can not wait to pick up some for my treasure chest. The Eames are two of my favorite product designers and movie makers. In college I used to play all their short films for my friends when they came to visit. My roommate at the time hated the movies so much he would flee the house every time I watched one. But I loved these movies. Only truly nerdy designers and movie makers would love these movies.

Ok, so suddenly summer has hit Seattle and as much as I kind of like it, I got a terrible sunburn on Sunday. I took my father out to Greenlake for a walk and half way around we stopped for lunch. I am now pink all over. I am looking forward to the Fall!

No comments: