Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Women in Business

Today I spent the day at a women in business conference in Seattle. It was organized by the group Count Me In. It was an interesting affair. I actually ended up knowing the local judges and some of the presenters. I went in search of brain storming the next phase of my company. I am at a bit of a tipping point for my company, ready to move to the next while maintaining my core beliefs for my company.

This conference has energized me to reach for the stars. I highly recommend this event in the future for all women that want to start or already own a company. It will affirm what you are already feeling, the passion to pave your way.

Tonight included a lovely walk in Discovery Park with my dog. Questions roamed in my head about life and where I am in my life. As someone that started a company with no business experience, I sometimes wonder what I am doing. What kind of idea is it to start a company, why would I want to do this, etc...... I question myself a lot. But I also take time to step back and reflect on how far I have come and how happy it makes me to be able to tell someone that I am building a company with high morals that help other's to live the authentic life that they desire.

Enough rambling.... I am off to bed. Another busy day tomorrow which includes a delivery to glassy baby and hopefully coffee with Jennifer Worick.

No comments: