Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Solstice!

It has been snowing nonstop for the last 24 hours here in Seattle. I had planned on a winter solstice dinner with a friend of mine but alas, I am snowed in and he is across town. So instead of a cozy dinner, I have been thinking about the fact that this is the true New Years Eve. What are my intentions for the upcoming year? What do I want to Manifest this year? What direction do I want to move towards?

This year has been such a lesson about Health and Wellness as well as Balance. HWB as I call it. So many of my desires in 2009 revolve around these three words. Health with my body, Wellness with how I live my life and Balance in my everyday life. The key is to live with all three parts have to be practiced at once.

I am really looking forward to this new year. It feels very different in energy for last year. Last year it was a dark winter and I felt heavy at the time. This year has been a really nice fall with a slam of East Coast winter and mix that with the Midwest Sunshine in very cold weather and I am feeling bright and Sunny. And with my recent changes in my body I feel light and strong. So this new year feels good!

I am off to take my lovely dog for a walk in the 10 plus inches of snow and take some pictures. She is so happy to run around and play. It is very sweet.

1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

Sorry to read that you aren't going to make your party. But, it's great that you are being so proactive.

I'm also really focusing on health and being more food and diet conscious with what goes in my mouth. Breakfast 5 days a week is going to be one of my new goals for the upcoming year ...