Monday, December 22, 2008

So many exciting things!

For the last two years I have had a secret hero.
A few years ago I read a little blurb about a company called Bramble Berry Inc. It is a soap making company that not only has a signature line of goods but also has a wonderful store in Bellingham, WA. One of my big plans this summer before I was hurt was to drive up to Bellingham to check out the store. I have always wanted to meet the lady who started this company. Well today I was checking in my emails and I noticed that someone left a comment on my solstice blog. I followed the link and found out that it is in fact my secret hero who found my blog and was kind enough to leave a message. This makes my heart soar and fills me with holiday cheer! Anne-Marie if you are out there, send me an email and let's set up a date for coffee! I would love to meet you and bring you some candles. You are an inspiration and hero of mine!

In other exciting news, it looks like my candles are warming the hearts of many people back East. I just found out that the candles that I shipped back for the sale in NYC are being bought as Client Gifts for some very exciting people and companies. I can not reveal too many details but these contacts are very good contacts for Odessa's Herbals. And actually this news marks an intention I made over 10 years ago. During my time in NYC I had a friend that made these beautiful throw blankets. She received an order for 20 blankets to be given by a very popular and powerful artist who also does a lot of work in the magazine/catalog world. He has very high end clients and friends. I was very excited for my friend and I remember thinking to myself "I intend one day to create a product that he will give to his friends and clients as a holiday gift". This was before I had created Odessa's Herbals and even before I was interested in business. All I knew was that this single act was a dream of mine that I put down on paper as an intention. Skip ten years ahead, a lot of lessons and self reflection learned and poof! I found out today that he is giving my candles as his holiday gift. I just keep smiling and shaking my head watching the way the universe works even when I am bed ridden and sick.

I keep reflecting back on this year and how I truly feel like I have found my life's purpose. I can not imagine a better way to help people and share my personal gifts with the world. When I am on the right path, life becomes so magical and meaningful. I truly hope that everyone I meet and everyone that receives one of my candles can feel this amazing energy and pass it on.

It has snowed so much here and it just keeps coming. I have given upon trying to walk because it is so hard to walk and one fall, well that would just be really bad news for me. So I am staying inside, cleaning and spending quality time with my animals. I just bought some really exciting new books so I will be happy for another few days but I need to get to my studio. I miss candle making and have a few more presents to make before the holidays are over.

No comments: