Wednesday, December 03, 2008

So many things

Ok, it has been forever since I last posted.
So many things to update everyone about. I was diagnosed with a Back Disease where my disks are falling apart, it is working it's way up my spine. Right now I am in good shape. I am up and walking again, I only have a slight limp and some times I need to take it slow. But it is a far place from this summer when I could not even walk around the block. This is a life long disease that may or may not get worse and has no cure. I have been told not to think about the future and for the most part I am not, but sometimes I do get down and worry what I will look like in 5, 10 or even 20 years. Right now my back looks like the back of an 85 year old so on the inside...... What will it look like in the future?

I was supposed to fly to the east coast last week but had to cancel at the last moment. I was simply not ready to travel and I am still not ready. But I can see myself traveling in a few short months so that makes me happy. I had a lovely holiday with my family and spent a lot of time with my nephew. I also made intention candles all week long and fell in love with my candles again.... I am so happy when I leave my studio!

My candles will be for sale in New York City next weekend at a huge show. My cousin Michele O'Hana will be selling them for me and I can not wait to hear how it goes. I wish I could be there but next time. Plus, when I go back east I always stay upstate so the city is lost on me. Even when I lived there I spent most of my time ready, walking and writing. I am too much of a country girl at heart. Anyways, if you want the address of the show, just send me an email and I will send it along. I know it will be around Broadway and Broom St in SOHO.

I am also preparing for the magazine spread featuring my candles that will be coming out in Seattle Metropolitan magazine next month. I will have more information about that in the next few weeks. And our local Party Planner expert, Kelley Moore is featuring Odessa's Herbals in an upcoming newsletter! So much press lately and it makes me so happy!

A few weeks ago I had a wonderful client throw a party for her girlfriends that featured my candles. It was an amazing afternoon and even the sun came out to shine for us! I am so thankful to Kerri for sharing her passion for my candles and she is truly my angel right now. I will be linking to her website and will post a little bio about her. She is having another candle party in January so let me know if you would like to attend. I am hoping to make this a monthly event.

My heart is full of love for so many people right now. I had a wonderful lunch with a man that I adore today and it just made my day. He is someone who is very special to me and I am so thankful he came back into my life. Sometimes people come back into our lives that just love us like nobody else can. He has always been very special to me but now that we are older, it is just deeper and more rewarding!


Ok, enough of that. I am off to finish up getting everything ready for NYC and then to wash up and sleep. I had a long day of working and walking so I must crash very soon. All I know is that my health is getting better everyday and I am feeling very magical right now. Everything I touch seems to just light up and flow in a very good way. This is the perfect energy for the holiday season!

No comments: