Sunday, December 14, 2008

Today I Feel Very Small In My Body

Two steps forward, one step back. This seems to be my motto lately. I have good days and bad, good weeks and slow weeks. This has been a slow week. I am still juggling my desire to get out and see people with my exhaustion level. It is hard to do more than one thing a day and if I really push myself, well then I could be in bed for days afterwards. There is still so much to learn about my new body and what it needs. I am losing weight from this experience and it is not hard at all. It feels like it is just coming off easily. But a lot of this is due to my stomach being so sensitive from all the medication I now have to take. I can hardly eat and when I do it is such a small amount. Of course, all the walks and physical therapy are also helping me to become smaller.

Actually, this week I started my first Senior Citizens Water class. I have to start small and work my way up to being able to do so many things. It felt really great to be in the water. It was a little cold but after the hour long class I had the "wonderful day at the beach" feeling. It also helped that I sat in the Sauna for 30 mins or so as I talked to a very interesting woman about intention work.

This sauna experience brought my core body temperature up so that the cold storm we are having right now is not bothering me at all. Last night I went for a midnight walk in the snow with my dog. I let her be off lease because it was so quiet and peaceful out plus she LOVES the snow. It was almost an east coast snow storm with the large flakes and the orange sky. It was dreamy and so much fun! Of course today I was totally exhausted from all these activities but it was well worth it.

I heard that the New York Sale was a success and everybody loved the candles. I can't wait to see some pictures from the event. I am just happy to know that I was able to ship all those candles and none of them were hurt!

I have a very busy candle week this week. Loads of deliveries to make and new candles to finish before the holidays. Plus, the Solstice and New Years Eve is coming up. These are my personal days of the year when I reflect on the past and look towards the future. What are some of your intentions this year? I will have to think about mine. So many things have changed from last year that I really must think about the new list I will be making on New Years Day.

No comments: