Friday, December 19, 2008

New Book

I have been trying to figure out how to blog about my new favorite book but it has been hard because I loved this book for so many personal reasons. I read "Julia's Chocolates" by Cathy Lamb this week and loved it. Julie's Chocolates was a nice combination of "Garden Secrets" and "Practical Magic". It was an empowering book for me. Sometimes I read books that fill my heart with love and more importantly hope, this is one of those books. It did not have as much magical realism as I like and I hope that Cathy adds more of this in her next few books and I have a feeling she will be. But if you want a nice easy read that will touch your heart then I recommend this book.

It has been snowing and freezing for the last week or so. It is very unusual weather for the northwest but I am enjoying myself. It has been a while since I have been at my studio, I even had a dream about candle making last night! As soon as I can get over there I will. I have been creating new candles and spending a lot of time perfecting the art of candle making. I will be starting candle making classes next year and I received my first booking this week. I am so excited to spend an evening sharing my love of candle making with my love of teaching people about intention and how to create the life they desire. Over the next few weeks I am going to create an outline of my talk. There is so much to share with these women and I am really excited about this evening.

Lately I have been slowing down in life. While I do not love living in the slow lane, I have been able to really see how magical life is by slowing down this much. Everything in life seems to be perfectly planned and desires become reality so easily when life is lived this slow. I have been reflecting about how out of touch with community our modern life seems to have taken us and how even though we are in a horrible recession, there is still energy for change and creativity that will take us forward and connect us with our local communities once again. As a consumer we have so much power to stop buying products made by machines or overseas and we can empower the companies in the USA to start producing high grade products that support all of us. We all need to just slow down a little in life.

No comments: