Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Cleaning House

I have been sorting through old boxes from College. It is amazing to see all the letters people wrote to me and all my old pictures. What a magical time in life. I wish I could have enjoyed college more. It was hard for me to be away from my home and Seattle. I went to college in the Midwest so I really tended to feel out of place compared to the West Coast. I also had a close knit group of friends in Seattle and a boyfriend that I loved. So compared to most people that came to college to feel free, I felt uneasy and sad. I did not want to let go of my old life. I wanted to run back to it. But times are different now. I want to run towards the future while being completely present in the moment. I do not long to be anywhere but where I am at this moment. That feels good.

I also want to state that I love throwing out, donating and basically getting rid of everything I can in life. It feels so cleansing and fruitful to get out the old and let the new come in!

No comments: