Tuesday, July 03, 2007

First Steps


Last night I went to my sisters house in the evening after work.
She was on the computer and I was cutting some cheese for a snack. We were talking and laughing and not looking at Dylan (my nephew). I suddenly look down at him to witness him taking his first two steps.

The look on his face was so amazing. It was a look of excitement, fear, concentration and experiencing the unknown. He fell down and then starting clapping at himself. He was so happy to have taken his first steps. I luckily caught him in the act early enough to tell my sister to look down at him so she could see it as well.

I am so proud of this little guy.
He also gave me two of the biggest kisses on my cheek last night.

I feel like Dylan right now. I feel like I am finally taking my first steps in life. I have so much in common with my nephew right now. When I get to see him he brings all my joy out in life. We are on the same ride in this life and I could not have asked for a better companion.

No comments: