Thursday, March 10, 2011

Last nights dinner was a success

Last night I made my first meal using Kelp noodles and it was such a wonderful success I wanted to share it with you. And to top it off, I had so much energy after the meal and I feel amazing this morning. I am so used to after eating feeling groggy and not great that I am always surprised when I eat a meal that actually makes me feel incredible.

Spicy Asian Almond Sauce with Kelp Noodles

--I put a couple of handfuls of almonds (or any nut you would like) in a blender
--I then added some sesame oil and chili oil
--Soy Sauce
--Fresh Ginger
--Fresh garlic
-- A bit of water to make the sauce less like peanut butter and more like a sauce
-- a tiny dash of honey

I blended all this up in the blender for about 3 or 4 minutes. It tasted amazing! I did not even miss the peanuts which is usually the sauce I like to use when making a recipe like this.

Kelp Noodles-
These need to be drained and rinsed a couple of times. I then filled a large bowl up with cold water and lemon juice. This takes the crunchy/ squeaky sound out of the noodles that appear if you don't do this step. I let them soak in the lemon juice/ water for almost an hour. I then rinsed and drained them several more times.

Then I put the noodles and any veggies you might have in the house in a large bowl and poured the sauce over them. I added a little extra sauce because the noodle have no taste at all and they will soak up the sauce nicely. For this dinner I put in Red Pepper, Carrot, Arugula and tomatoes.

This dinner was so easy and delicious. Because the sauce was an Asian influenced sauce it worked nicely with the Kelp noodles which are very similar to Asian glass noodles. I was thinking for my next recipe I am going to try a nice Mushroom sauce with the noodles and veggies.

Next time I will also try to take a photograph! I wish I remembered this last night because this meal was truly incredible. I am now starting to understand how eating RAW is actually a lot easier than I realized.

No comments: