Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Moving forward and enjoying the present

My heart goes out to Japan and all the people suffering from this whole experience. What a terrible thing to happen to such a wonderful place and group of people. But I know that the amount of love coming from everyone will help them to move forward and change how we deal with nuclear energy, disaster preparations and everything else. Please donate, pray or do whatever you can for these strong and wonderful people. They need everyone support.



In other news, I had the most wonderful weekend! I broke down last weekend and finally went to the doctor to get on some antibiotics. It has taken a few days but by Friday I was finally feeling like being social and not just going home to bed so I went out with some new friends! What a fun night!!!! I spent the evening with like minded people. discussing traveling, food, wine and other area's we are passionate about. It was a great way to kick start my weekend.

Saturday I finally broke down and bought a new cell phone. Mine broke on Super Bowl Sunday and I have been without a phone since. I love my new phone and being able to be in touch with my friends again. I even went on a surprise shopping trip Saturday evening with a friend and bought some much need new additions to my wardrobe. I am finally ready to move beyond my much loved Hoodies. I think at this point I maybe just too old to wear hoodies to work. Of course it could have something to do with my awesome job at a large corporation, where I am actually in a position of being very successful and happy. So I bought a couple of new tops and some cardigans in a new style that looks amazing with my new body.

Sunday I usually lay low and prepare for the week. I tend to check in at work and get everything prepared for the week. This Sunday I did spend some time with my mom and catching up with old friends.

This week at work has been filled with laughter and happiness. And I even have started to run again at night. I tried last week to get back into it but my lungs prevented me from getting very far. This week will be different. I feel like my body and energy level are finally on the same page and I am getting that excited feeling about working out again. I really, truly missed it.

No comments: