Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New lessons to learn

The last two weeks have been non-stop fun. However, this week I am learning a very tough and needed lesson. I quickly let sugar back into my life and within a week I am feeling it so strongly that I physically hurt. I am exhausted and just straight up tired. My energy level is normal it's just the pain in my body that is causing me issues. All that has changed in my life was the introduction of sugar in a non essential way. argh! So I have been really increasing my raw food and veggies in hopes that this will allow the sugar to leave my body sooner. I am taking it easy and just allowing myself to really feel this pain and discomfort so that in the future when my coworkers bring in donuts everyday for a week, I can back away and say no.

I did buy new work out shoes this week and had a wonderful workout last night in them. It felt like I was jogging on clouds! I also bought some super hot boots and my first ever pair of skinny jeans! This is the first time in 10 years that I am wearing non baggy clothing. I feel so happy to see my body shrinking. I am also very happy at how my confidence level is starting to allow me to wear clothes that actually fit and show off my best assets.

I have also been filled with much love for all my new girlfriends in life. I have been having the best time getting to know them and be able to be a part of their lives. I feel like every week I learn several lessons and this week is no different. Besides not eating sugar, I am learning to call and check in with my girlfriends. Even if it is just for 5 mins. I have never been a phone person and growing up with mostly men, I never really learned the importance of a female support group. This is one of those issues I have wanted to tackle and change because as I get older I can see the importance of this support group and of being in the habit of checking in with people. So I have been working on this with my wonderful friend Jennifer. We have been checking in with each other every evening, discussing how our days went and what kind of food choices we made. She is also very excited about eating better, getting healthier and eating more raw foods. At first I felt weird calling someone to just talk but now it is becoming second nature and I look forward to our calls. It is so nice to have a partner during this new growth phase in life.

No comments: