Monday, March 21, 2011

Truly Blessed

This weekend was one of those weekends where I felt like I was in a french movie. Everything was beautiful, perfectly timed and just the right tempo to keep me happy and fulfilled all weekend long.

It started with ladies night on Friday night at one of my new favorite places in Seattle, Moshi Moshi. With it's sparkling Cherry Tree in the middle,the wood interior that bring earth tones to a comforting level and a bar tender that can make a non-alcoholic taste better than any alcoholic drink I have ever had, it was the perfect night. Let's not forget the wonderful women I spent the evening with! They are my partners on this journey of change that I am so excited about. I truly feel like a butterfly coming out of my cocoon. And a blessed little butterfly at that!

Next was my women's meeting on Saturday morning that then turned into an afternoon spent with a new friend while walking around the SUNNY, perfect Seattle day. I am so excited when I make new friends and this one is a great addition to my life right now. We made plans to do things together. One of my goals for this year is to take the eating part out of spending time with people. I want to do things with friends, learn about things, create new interests and hobbies. I want to walk and talk with them, take a class with them or go somewhere with them. I just don't want it to be all about food or drinking. I want it to be about exploring this wonderful city and experiencing life in a new way. This new friend has the same desire in life and I have a feeling that a new best friendship is about to be born in my life!

Saturday afternoon rolled into Saturday evening where I met up with another good friend and we caught up after not seeing each other for months. She has not seen me since I started my new improvement kick and was blown away by the changes. Cut a little(a lot) of hair off, get a new wardrobe, find the perfect makeup and add a little self confidence and bam! you have a new and beautiful lady! I had not thought that I had changed that much but she was blown away. So we spent the evening catching up and catching the eyes of cute people in one of my other favorite places in Seattle.

Sunday morning I did what I love to do every other Sunday morning. I met up with another good friend for breakfast. My friend works for three hours on Sunday morning and then picks me up for a leisurely Sunday morning adventure. He is one of my best friends and in many ways is my rock that I depend on. I was home before the afternoon and then spent the rest of the day getting ready for my week. I made a RAW dinner and cleaned my room.

It was truly a perfect weekend for me. Everything flowed so easily and perfectly. I had so much energy and was just so grateful to be exactly where I am at right now. Plus, Spring is finally starting to come around to the Northwest and that makes every cell in my body happy. The days are longer and warmer. There is nothing that beats it staying light until 10 at night during those warm summer months!

No comments: