Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Compass of the Soul


This morning I was looking through some old emails when I was drawn to a newsletter from Lynn A. Robinson. She is the author of Compass of the Soul and other books on energy, intuition and how to live a divine and authentic life. I own several of her books but had not read any of them until this morning.

The part of Lynn's newsletter that really stood out for me was a quote from Oprah Winfrey on how her key to success is her intuition.

"My business skills have come from being guided by my higher self or my intuition. I am who I am today because of... Intuition, my ability to feel what is right for me and allowing that to be the strongest guide in my life. Intuition is akin to God.
It is akin to being led by that which is greater than yourself. My intuition, my intention and my passion have allowed me to be who I am and will take me to higher ground..."

When I was reading this quote, I was also thinking about the fact that I have a major decision to make right now. My intuition is tell me to go for it but my rational mind and my fear are telling me to just go out and get a "real" job. I was calling the new school to make an appoitment when I stumbled onto this quote.

I have to say, I do admire Oprah for living an authentic life and for her service in helping woman all over the world do the same.

I know that this new life path I want to take will allow me access to helping people and become more of a teacher than a student. This is a scary transition but one I am ready to take. I also have to thank the universe for the last few years of what at the time seemed like darkness but was truly just a time of learning who I really am. Reflecting back on the last five years of my life it all makes sense, the loss of jobs, the loss of friends, the pain of growing into my own identity and the loss of important relationships that were holding me back. I really believe that we are all being guided by the divine and everyone high and low point in our lives are just lessons waiting to be discovered and cared for.

So for this next few months I have two intentions I will be focusing on.

1. I intend to create a larger community for friendship, growth, support and celebration.

2. I intend to follow my intuition and signs from the universe instead of making fear based decisions to please other people.

I also signed up for 4 evening classes this month in Olympia on Aromatherapy and gardening by astrology. This is a very big step for me and one that was in response to my intentions. I will keep the blog updated on other actions I take to help foster my intentions.

2 comments:

Vera said...

Emily, today is a GREAT day to set intentions! You have extra energy from the universe. Look up "cosmic trigger event" for more info.

Emily said...

Wow Vera!!!!

I had no idea about the cosmic trigger event but I know I have been in the best mood all day. I am so happy and positive right now. I could not explain it but now I am just so happy that I have been putting out positive vibes!

Thanks for the update and it is good to hear from you! I was just thinking about you this morning!